Animation Film Design: AFD
Duration : 10 Months | Eligibility: 10+2 (Arts/ Science/ Commerce)/ College students | Schedule: 2 hours a day for 3 days I
Do you want to be a filmmaker?
Join Arena's Animation Film Design (AFD) course and make a successful career in animation filmmaking. The course prepares you for high-paying career options in making films, creating shows for TV, computer games, mobile games, websites, media, and other exciting industries.
By 2019, the Animation & VFX industry in India will be worth Rs. 9550 crores*. There is huge demand for animation in almost every media-related industry, and every company wants to hire trained professionals. With Arena, you can develop your creative & technical skills in animation filmmaking, walk away with a professional work portfolio, and be a part of this dynamic industry.
The AFD program covers techniques of pre-production, anatomy design, animatics, visualization, character design & development, animation scene planning and 2D animation.
- Access Onlinevarsity: Onlinevarsity is Arena's learning app for students. You can have exclusive access to course material, discuss doubts & problems with professors, plan activities & projects, get reference material, etc.
- Latest, updated curriculum
- Hands-on practical training, using latest tools & software
- Projects at regular intervals
- Specialization & a professional work portfolio in your area of interest
- Job-oriented curriculum
On completing the AFD course, you can work in:
- Animation film production studios
- Television channels
- Television production houses
- Ad production houses
- Gaming companies
Overview-Pre-ProductionThis semester focuses on basic drawing skills for animation through study of design, anatomy, light & shade. You will prepare an e-project which will include pre-production of an original film concept.
- Basic Shapes & Sketching Techniques
- Anatomy Drawing
- Body Language & Expressions
- Lights, Colour & Perspectives
- Creating Digital Art
- Animation Concepts
- Concept Design, Development & Storytelling Techniques
- Scriptwriting for Animation
- Character Design & Development
- Acting & Voice Characterization
- Concept Art & Inspirational Sketches
- Visual Scripting with Film Language
- Storyboarding for Animatics
- Editing for Animatics
- Adobe Photoshop Extended
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Premiere Pro
You will get a Certificate in AFD - Pre-Production Specialist on completion of the first semester of the course.
Overview-2D ProductionThis semester concentrates on basic animation principles & timing for animation. It allows you to apply your knowledge of drawing & concentrate on 2D classical animation production - from drawing key frames to 2D digital post production - by adding dialogues, sound effects & background music, and final editing.
- Principles of Animation
- Timing for Animation
- Key Framing, In-betweening & Cleanups
- Digital Ink & Paint
- Animation Scene Planning
- 2D Animation Post-Production
- Showreel Development
- Adobe Flash Professional/Toonboom